The pace of technological change continues unabated, transforming and improving every aspect of human existence. But, no matter in Victorville or San Bernardino, one area of daily living has remained largely unchanged: how people go about cooking, cleaning, and living in the comfort of their homes. All that’s beginning to change, however, thanks to recent innovations that promise a new era of comfort and convenience. With that in mind, here are five hot construction trends to keep an eye out for:
- Handle-free appliances. These include faucets with built-in motion sensors that turn off and on as needed, dishwashers that users can control with a rap of their knuckles, and climate control louvers that adjust with a wave of the hand.
- Cooking appliances that take the guesswork out of preparing delicious meals. For example, GE has introduced a model that bathes food in an evenly dispersed bath of warm air, ensuring that your steaks, fish, chicken, etc., are never over or under done. Also on the horizon are products that freeze foods in a flash, maintaining color, texture, and flavor. So-called “turbo” ovens cook foods up to 15 times faster than conventional stoves. Frigidaire has unveiled a new freezer that lets you choose a custom organizational system based on your priorities. Then there is Wellborn Cabinet’s butcher block that adjust its height to the user’s needs.
- The distinction between indoor and outdoor living is blurring, thanks to products like out-of-doors pizza ovens, fireplaces, and other products that bring interior comforts to the outside of your Apple Valley home.
- Needless to say, all that dining leads to one inevitable result. Happily, technology has that covered as well. Take Kohler’s PureFresh toilet for example. It includes a built-in odor filter and fan to direct noxious fumes away from your nose and through the ceiling of your home.
- The list of items for better, smarter household living is nearly endless. Take the ceiling fan for instance. Manufacturers are releasing models that detect when the room is occupied, switching themselves on and off accordingly. These products can even adjust fan speeds to match a particular resident’s comfort level.
Murphy Construction has the equipment and experience needed to tackle all your Hesperia residential improvements. Call us today to find out more. When it comes to the Inland Empire area, the choice is easy.