- “Have you completed many projects that are similar to mine?” This is important because today’s buildings can vary widely in terms of materials and building code requirements. So look for a contractor who is well-versed in completing the type of structure you require.
- “What will this job cost me on a square-foot basis?” Most of the today’s bids are based on averages derived from square-foot calculations. If the contractor cannot give an estimate on this basis, then you might want to look elsewhere.
- “Do you have any experience with the type of construction I am interested in?” In California, many people are interested in properties that incorporate energy-efficient materials, solar panels, or other specialized features. If this is true in your case, then make sure your contractor is experienced in these areas.
- “What tasks will be completed by your staff, and which ones will be given to subcontractors?” Many general contractors have a subcontractor network that they regularly use. In of itself, this is not necessarily a cause for concern. However, you should know what parts of your structure will be built by the contractor’s employees and which ones will be farmed out.
- “What steps will you take to protect my family and myself from dust and debris generated during the construction process (in the case of residential remodeling jobs).” All remodeling work can occasionally be hectic. However, a good San Bernardino general contractor will take steps to minimize any disruption to your daily routine.
- “Is your company licensed and bonded? Are you covered by builder’s liability insurance?” Amazingly, there are still some contractors that operate without these important safeguards in place. Make sure the company you choose isn’t one of them.
- “What jobs does the quote include?” It is important to make sure you and the contractor on the same page when it comes to understanding its duties and yours.
One way to ensure you are pleased with both your contractor and your building is to choose Murphy Construction of San Bernardino County. They’ve earned an outstanding reputation in the High Desert area for their attention to detail and focus on customer service. Contact them today to find out more.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”30px”][/vc_column][/vc_row]