Green construction is one of the hottest trends in today’s society. That’s because environmentally-friendly building materials and methods offer a number of advantages over more traditional approaches.
- Long-term savings. While a green building may cost more up front, it will more than pay for itself in time thanks to reduced heating, cooling, and other expenses. This is true for both residential and commercial structures.
- Green buildings offer greater comfort and well-being for those who use them. For example, they’re made with paints and other products that feature low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), making them healthier for people with asthma and allergies. Also, they make greater use of natural sunlight, which helps to prevent depression during the long winter months.
- Green buildings produce lesser amounts of waste, reducing landfill usage and the associated costs for the building owner.
- Green buildings reduce the amount of greenhouse gasses released into the atmosphere. This benefits everyone, by making the earth a better place for all who share it.
- Many local and state governments offers significant tax incentives for going green.
- Using green building methods is a great way to boost the public’s perception of a company. It shows that the business cares about making a positive impact on the surrounding world.
- Green buildings use energy-efficient appliances and materials that further reduce operating costs.
- People who live and work in green buildings are healthier and happier than those in more traditional structures. Happier, healthier people live better, more productive lives. This shows in everything they do, from the joy they derive from their interpersonal relationships to the quality of their work.
- Green construction is especially popular in areas like San Bernardino, Victorville, and Apple Valley. This translates into higher resale values over time.
Add up all the advantages of green construction and it’s easy to see why using eco-friendly materials and practices is a smart move. But, to enjoy the maximum benefits from the investment, it’s important to choose a contractor with the knowledge and experience to do the job right. That’s where Murphy Construction comes in. Their experts have the training, tools, and certifications to build a green structure you’ll be proud to own. Call them today to find out more.